The St. Louis City Senior Fund is seeking applications or nominations for the Board of Directors for a four-year term. Candidate inquiries and nominations will be accepted until November 17.
The overarching obligation of the Board is to ensure that the Senior Fund’s resources and capacities are deployed in ways that benefit and achieve the vision of the Senior Fund, and ensure that all decisions made are for the overall good of the Senior Fund and are consistent with its mission and values. Specific qualifications for board members include:
- Resident of the City of St. Louis,
- At least 18 years of age, and
- Knowledge of the needs and interests of older adults and/or needs and services specifically in the City of St. Louis.
Candidates should also relate to or have at least one of the following:
- Residence in Specific Areas – Residence in northern areas of the City where there are a high percentage of older adults; specifically, residents in or near the following zip codes: 63107, 63112, 63113, 63115, 63133, 63147.
- Reflection of City Residents – Characteristics or identities that contribute to the Board more fully representing demographics of residents, including people of color, people within the LGBTQ+ community, people who have immigrant or refugee experience in the U.S., and people with disabilities.
- Leadership – Experience with leading or facilitating teams in a for-profit or nonprofit environment.
- Community Investment – Experience working with or governing endowments, foundations, public funds, or other forms of investment for a community’s benefit.
- Lived Experience – First-hand knowledge of how inequities and disparities can limit the ability of older residents to continue living in the home and community they choose.
Learn more about board member responsibilities and how to apply by downloading the call for applicants HERE.
For any questions, contact Jamie Opsal, Senior Fund Executive Director, at (314) 535-6964, Ext 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org.