The Senior Fund primarily supports grants to organizations that address one or more of our focus areas: fall prevention, economic security, social isolation, and homemaker chore services. All grants are directed to serve residents in the City of St. Louis who are 60 years or older.
We issue requests for proposals as funding is available for each focus area, typically once a year. We do not accept applications on a rolling basis. Organizations can apply for one-year awards, with opportunity for grants in good standing to renew for one or two additional years. To receive notices for new grant opportunities, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.
Grant Application Timeline
An RFP for applications for FY 2021 grants (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021) will be released in Fall 2019.
- 501c3 Tax Exemption Status or City of St. Louis Governmental Entities
- Provide services to St Louis City residents 60 years of age and older
- Have demonstrated capacity to carry out program work funded by proposed grant
- Have policies and procedures in place to manage finances and can provide documentation of past financials (e.g., audited financial statements, IRS 990, other documentation)
- Fit within the mission and priorities of the Senior Fund as stated in the request for proposals
Organizations can submit only one proposal per focus area, per year, as the lead organization.
- Dollar limits vary per grant cycle and focus area. Generally, our grants are up to $50,000 per year and typically range from $15,000 to $50,000; some focus areas (e.g., homemaker chore services) have included grants up to $100,000 per year.
- Applicants are allowed indirect expenses of up to 12% of the direct expenses of a project.
- The Senior Fund requires that applicants do not request more than 50% of their organization’s annual budget. We also prefer that applicants do not request more than 75% of a total project cost, though we recognize that some new programs may require a higher initial investment.
- Grants from the Senior Fund cannot supplant existing program and service funding. For existing programs, applicants will need to demonstrate why Senior Fund support is needed (e.g., expansion of current services).
There are some things we do not fund, including:
- Grant Awards to Individuals
- Start-up Organizations
- Special Events
- Film or Video Projects
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
See our Overview of Grant Eligibility and Applications for additional information.
Grant Application Documents
We encourage prospective applicants to contact us at email@example.com or (314) 535-6964, Ext 12 with any questions. We will provide prompt responses to all inquiries within and outside of our grant process.
Need to Schedule a Meeting or Consult?
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 535-6964, Ext 12