The Senior Fund distributes grants to organizations that support older adults to age in the home and neighborhood that best serves their needs and interests. All grants are directed to serve residents in the City of St. Louis who are 60 years or older.
In 2019, we have issued grants to 24 organizations. Click HERE for a list of organizations currently receiving funding.
We issue requests for proposals as funding is available, typically once a year. To receive notices for new grant opportunities, sign up for our mailing list.
Fund Defined Grants
Funding awarded to address needs of older St. Louis City residents in specific focus areas determined by the Senior Fund Board based on community needs assessments and other sources. Organizations can apply for multi-year grants up to $100,000 per year; we anticipate grant requests will range from $15,000 to $100,000 per year.
We accepted letters of intent for proposals for FY2021 funding that focus on Economic Security and Seasonal Exterior Home Maintenance in November 2019.
Applicant Defined Grants
Funding awarded to address an applicants’ determination of organization or community need that is consistent with the Senior Fund’s vision. This funding is allocated to support innovations in programs, emerging needs, and organizational capacity. Organizations can apply for one-year grants up to $75,000; we anticipate grant requests will range from $5,000 to $75,000.
We are accepting proposals for FY2020 funding. Applications are due no later than December 6, 2019.
Fall 2019 Grant Workshop
Questions and Answers from Applicants (will be updated throughout the RFP timeline)
- An organization that is, or is fiscally sponsored by, a 501c3 or City of St. Louis Governmental Entity
- Provide services to St Louis City residents 60 years of age and older
- Have demonstrated capacity to carry out program work funded by proposed grant
- Have policies and procedures in place to manage finances and can provide documentation of past financials (e.g., audited financial statements, IRS 990, other documentation)
- Fit within the vision and priorities of the Senior Fund as stated in the request for proposals
Organizations can submit only one proposal per focus area for Fund Defined Grants and one proposal per year for Applicant Defined Grants, as the lead organization.
- Dollar limits vary by funding category and focus area. In the past, our grants have ranged from $10,000 to $100,000 per year.
- Applicants are allowed indirect expenses of up to 12% of the direct expenses of a project.
- The Senior Fund requires that applicants do not request more than 50% of their organization’s annual budget. We also prefer that applicants do not request more than 75% of a total project cost, though we recognize that some projects or programs may require higher investment.
- Grants from the Senior Fund cannot supplant existing program and service funding. For existing programs, applicants will need to demonstrate why Senior Fund support is needed (e.g., expansion of current services).
There are some things we do not fund, including:
- Grant Awards to Individuals
- Start-up Organizations
- Special Events
- Film or Video Projects
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
See our Overview of Grant Eligibility and Applications for additional information.
We encourage prospective applicants to contact us at email@example.com or (314) 535-6964, Ext 12 with any questions. We will provide prompt responses to all inquiries within and outside of our grant process.
Need to Schedule a Meeting or Consult?
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 535-6964, Ext 12