- An organization that is, or is fiscally sponsored by, a 501c3 or City of St. Louis Governmental Entity.
- Provide services to St. Louis City residents 60 years of age and older.
- Have demonstrated capacity to carry out program work funded by proposed grant.
- Have policies and procedures in place to manage finances and can provide documentation of past financials when requested (e.g., financial statements, IRS 990, or other documentation).
- Fit within the vision and priorities of the Senior Fund as stated in the request for proposals.
Note: Specific funding opportunities may have additional eligibility requirements listed in the RFP.
There are some things we do not fund—unless otherwise stated in a RFP—including:
- Grant Awards to Individuals
- Start-up Organizations
- Travel that is Not Related to Delivery of Services
- Special Events
- Film or Video Projects
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
- Land or Building Purchases
- Additions, Renovations, or Repairs to Commercial Buildings
Current Funding Opportunities
Fund Defined Grants
Vehicle Matching Grants for Organizations
Emergency Grants for Organizations
Funding to offer support when organizations serving older St. Louis City residents have an unanticipated event that is beyond the control of an organization, threatens the organization’s ability to operate senior programs and services, and requires urgent or timely action. Funding may support emergency repairs for facilities based in the City of St. Louis, repairs to vehicles used for senior services, or repairs or replacement of small equipment or supplies used for senior services. This funding is not intended to make up for the recent loss of a grant or other funding sources, support ongoing services for clients or general operations, or to address long-term financial crises or funding shortfalls. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until funding budgeted for the fiscal year (July – June) is spent. Review the funding guidelines for this funding opportunity prior to applying.
Past Funding Opportunities
Senior and Community Center Grants
Funding awarded to support existing senior or community centers located within the City of St. Louis, that have defined geographic service areas, and currently provide programs and services for older adults. This funding is allocated to support capital or technology improvements. Organizations can apply for one-year grants up to $25,000.
Applications for FY2023 Senior and Community Center grants were accepted through January 13, 2023. Award decisions were determined in February and May 2023; organizations supported are posted in News.