Programs and other resources listed below are supported in part by the St. Louis City Senior Fund. Services supported by the Senior Fund are free or offered on a sliding scale for St. Louis City residents 60 years or older. Many organizations listed have additional resources for older adults; contact them or visit their websites for information.
Note: Most organizations have adjusted their services due to health and safety guidelines for COVID-19, check with them to see what services they are currently offering.
We are in the process of updating our list of Senior Fund supported resources currently supported, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a current list or assistance with identifying resources that may work best for you.
Fund Defined Grants
Thirty-seven organizations are currently receiving funding to support services that fall under five priority focus areas determined by the Senior Fund’s Executive Board: Housing, Economic Security, Social Isolation, Homemaker Chore Services, and Oral Health.
These grants aim to increase monthly income or reduce expenses for older residents, including emergency assistance. Our goal is to help older adults receive resources that help ensure their income can meet their basic needs, at a minimum, as defined by tools such as the Elder Economic Security Standard Index.
- Cardinal Ritter Senior Services | Emergency Assistance with Housing-Related Expenses
- Phone: (314) 918-2258
- Website: cardinalritterseniorservices.org
- Deaconess Nurse Ministry | National Council on Aging’s Benefits Check-up
- Phone: (314) 395-4655
- Website: faithnurses.org
- Housing Options Provided for the Elderly (HOPE) | Assistance with Moving to Subsidized Apartments
- Phone: (314) 776-0155
- Website: hopeforseniorsstl.org
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri | Civil Legal Help, Legal Community Education
- Phone: (800) 444-0514
- Website: lsem.org
- LifeWise STL | Senior Resilience Education Classes, One-on-One Financial Coaching
- When in-person, classes are held at 1025 Park Ave in the Lafayette Square neighborhood, Ward 7.
- Phone: (314) 627-1242
- Website: lifewisestl.org
- Missouri Energy Care | Home Weatherization, Heating and Cooling Supplies, Utility Assistance
- Phone: (314) 773-5900
- Website: energycare.org
- St. Louis Area Agency on Aging | National Council on Aging’s Benefits Check-up
- Phone: (314) 612-5918
- Website: stlouis-mo.gov
- St. Louis Health Equipment Lending Program (St. Louis HELP) | Free Home Medical Health Equipment
- St. Louis HELP’s St. Louis City location is located at 6546 Manchester Rd in the Ellendale neighborhood, Ward 24. Open by appointment only.
- Phone: (314) 422-0030
- Website: stlhelp.org
Isolation is more than being alone. It is the result of feeling detached physically or psychologically, or being disconnected from support groups of family, friends and community which can lead to significantly poor health and wellbeing. These resources aim to prevent and reduce social isolation for individuals who have higher risks due to changes in physical or mental health, caregiving demands, mobility challenges, major life events such as loss or retirement, and other factors. Our goal is to help older adults maintain social connections and have access to resources that meet their needs and interests.
- Association on Aging with Developmental Disabilities | Group-based Circle of Friends Programs, Individual Support
- Phone: (314) 647-8100
- Website: agingwithdd.org
- Bilingual International Assistant Services | Group-based Programs, Individual Support
- When in-person, group programs are hosted at the Macklind International Senior Center at 1329 Macklind in the Cheltenham neighborhood, Ward 17.
- Phone: (314) 645-7800, ext 200
- Website: bilingualstl.org
- Center for Hearing and Speech | Mobile Hearing Screenings, Hearing Aid Assistance
- Phone: (314) 968-4710
- Website: chsstl.org
- CHIPS Health and Wellness Center | Group-based Circle of Friends Programs
- Phone: (314) 652-9231
- Website: chipsstl.org
- LifeWise STL | Senior Companion Program
- Phone: (314) 627-1242
- Website: lifewisestl.org
- Memory Care Home Solutions | Training for Caregivers and Individuals with Dementia, One-on-one Coaching and Care Plan Development
- Phone: (314) 645-6247
- Website: memorycarehs.org
Homemaker Chore Services
These resources aim to assist older adults with IADLs (Instrumental Activities of Daily Living), which help people stay at home and remain independent. Services can include activities such as meal planning and preparation, house cleaning, medication management, laundry, and errands. In July 2020, four additional services focused on exterior home maintenance (e.g., yard work, gutter cleaning, snow removal, minor repairs) were added. These services are primarily for older adults in situations where they need some support but have limited financial resources or assistance from family or friends. Our goal is to help older adults to continue living safely in the home they choose.
- Employment Connection | Yard, Snow Removal, and Other Exterior Home Maintenance
- Phone: (314) 333-5627
- Website: employmentstl.org
- Geographic Service Area: Columbus/Carr Square, Dutchtown, Hamilton Heights, Jeff Vander Lou, Old North, St. Louis Place, The Ville, and Wells-Goodfellow neighborhoods
- Five Star Senior Center | Exterior Home Maintenance and Minor Repairs
- Phone: (314) 664-1008
- Website: 5starcc.org
- Geographic Service Area: 63103, 63104, 63110, 63111, 63116, 63118
- Food Outreach | Prepared Meals for Adults with Cancer, Nutrition Counseling and Education
- Phone: (314) 652-3663
- Website: foodoutreach.org
- Jewish Family Services | Homemaker Chore Services
- Phone: (314) 812-9300
- Website: jfcs-stl.org
- Park Central Development | Yard and Other Exterior Home Maintenance and Minor Repairs
- Phone: (314) 535-5311
- Website: parkcentraldevelopment.org
- Geographic Service Area: Academy/Sherman Park, Botanical Heights, Central West End, Forest Park Southeast, Fountain Park, Kings Oak, Lewis Place, Tiffany, and West End neighborhoods
- St. Andrew’s Senior Solutions | Homemaker Chore Services
- Phone: (314) 726-5766
- Website: standrewsseniorsolutions.com
Many adults lose dental insurance at retirement, and those who lack access and insurance coverage for oral health services may not have the financial resources to pursue care with a private dentist. This leaves the Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), dental schools, and a few other local clinics to serve the oral health care needs of those who need low-cost care. For some older adults these reduced fees are still financially out-of-reach. The Senior Fund’s support for oral health is focused on assisting older adults who cannot afford oral health care and are at increased risk for poor oral health.
- ATSU Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health – St. Louis Dental Center | Oral Health Education Seminars, Comprehensive Dental Treatment
- Phone: (314) 833-2700
- Website: stldentalcenter.org
Applicant Defined Grants
This funding category was created in recognition that there are a range of needs for older adults—and the organizations that serve them—that may not always fall under the Senior Fund’s priority focus areas. One-year grants are awarded based upon an applicant’s determination of organization and community need. Funding is allocated to support innovations in programs, emerging needs, and organizational capacity that is consistent with the Senior Fund’s vision and focused on serving St. Louis City residents who are 60 years or older. Below are organizations that received grants in FY2021 from the Senior Fund.
- Circle of Care, St. Louis | Save Our Seniors Program
- College Hill Foundation | Home Repairs in College Hill Neighborhood
- Five Star Center | Technical and Safety Improvements
- Housing Options Provided for the Elderly | Case Management and Assistance for Clients Moving to Senior Apartment Communities
- Midtown Community Services | Midtown Mamas’ and Midtown Men’s Clubs
- Park Central Development | Expansion of Home Exterior Maintenance Services
- PEACE Weaving Wholeness | Sankofa Art Culture and Wellness Village Naturally Occurring Retirement Community
- Rebuilding Together – St. Louis | Major Home Repairs
- St. Francis Community Services | Vietnamese Elder Health Program
- St. Louis MetroMarket | Grocery Delivery Services
- St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired | Technology Support for Clients
 National Council on Aging and The Gerontology Institute, University of Massachusetts Boston. Elder Economic Security Standard Index. Accessed at: ncoa.org/economic-security/money-management/elder-index