St. Louis City Senior Fund’s executive board approved one-year grant proposals from seven senior and community centers to receive funds totaling $160,158 beginning February 1 (FY2021).
This grant opportunity supported existing senior or community centers located within the City of St. Louis, that have defined geographic service areas, and currently provide programs and services for older adults. This funding was awarded for one-time general operating support to fill in gaps in revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic and one-time expenses for purchase of equipment, technology, or other durable assets that build capacity and strengthen a center’s ability to serve clients and has a useful life of more than one year.
The following organizations were awarded funding:
- City Seniors (Equipment Improvements)
- Five Star Center (Capital and Equipment Improvements)
- Northside Youth and Senior Service Center (Technology Resources for Clients)
- Robert Fulton Development (Technology and Equipment Improvements)
- St. Louis Activity Center (Technology and Equipment Improvements; General Operating Support)
- Youth and Family Center (Capital and Equipment Improvements)
- Wesley House Association (Capital Improvements)
Funded partners listed above were supported in part by their grant from the St. Louis City Senior Fund to serve residents in the City of St. Louis who are 60 years and older. Many organizations listed have additional resources to serve older adults in St. Louis City and other areas of the region.