Proposals from seven organizations were approved by St. Louis City Senior Fund’s executive board to receive a total of $556,672 for the first of three years beginning July 1 (FY2021).
The Senior Fund’s Fund Defined grant opportunity is funding awarded to address needs of older St. Louis City residents in specific focus areas determined by the Senior Fund Board based on community needs assessments and other sources. Organizations can apply for multi-year grants up to three years.
The new Fund Defined awards that will begin in July focus on three areas: Economic Security, Homemaker Chore: Seasonal Exterior Home Maintenance, and Oral Health. More information about accessing these services will be shared later this summer.
The following organizations were selected for funding support:
- A.T. Still University Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health – St. Louis Dental Center (Oral Health)
- Employment Connection (Homemaker Chore: Seasonal Exterior Home Maintenance)
- Five Star Senior Center (Homemaker Chore: Seasonal Exterior Home Maintenance)
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (Economic Security)
- Park Central Development (Homemaker Chore: Seasonal Exterior Home Maintenance)
- St. Louis Health Equipment Lending Program (Economic Security)
- The Youth and Family Center (Homemaker Chore: Seasonal Exterior Home Maintenance)
Learn more about the Senior Fund’s Fund Defined funding opportunity on our Grants page.
Funded partners listed above are supported in part by their grant from the St. Louis City Senior Fund to serve residents in the City of St. Louis who are 60 years and older. Many organizations listed have additional resources to serve older adults in St. Louis City and other areas of the region.